By Eugenie M. Blang
Read or Download Allies at Odds: America, Europe, and Vietnam, 1961–1968 (Vietnam: America in the War Years) PDF
Best international affairs books
This learn makes a speciality of Spain's shift of emphasis from Latin the USA to the Mediterranean basin after the lack of its final colonies within the New international in 1898. The individuals examine the Mediterranean regulations of Spain's various regimes.
This booklet analyses Germany’s function within the euro predicament. in keeping with the conception of Berlin because the rising capital of the eu Union, the writer investigates 3 interrelated matters: Did the German coverage strategy of enforcing austerity courses on nations in the course of a deep recession give a contribution to the winning administration of the euro trouble?
In August 2007 a Russian flag was once planted below the North Pole in the course of a systematic day trip triggering hypothesis a couple of new scramble for assets underneath the thawing ice. yet is there quite an international seize for Polar territory and assets? Or are those actions drastically exaggerated? during this wealthy and wide-ranging publication, Klaus Dodds and Mark Nuttall glance at the back of the headlines and hyperbole to bare a posh photo of the so-called scramble for the poles.
The best risk to the Western alliance within the Sixties didn't come from an enemy, yet from an best friend. France, led by way of its mercurial chief common Charles de Gaulle, introduced a world and finished problem to the United State's management of the loose global, tackling not just the political but in addition the army, monetary, and financial spheres.
- Transnational Protest and Global Activism (People, Passions, and Power: Social Movements, Interest Organizations, and the P)
- Think Tanks and Foreign Policy: The Foreign Policy Research Institute and Presidential Politics
- Anti-Americanism in European Literature (Studies in European Culture and History)
- Which Europe?: The Politics of Differentiated Integration (Palgrave Studies in European Union Politics)
- Ranking the World: Grading States as a Tool of Global Governance
Extra info for Allies at Odds: America, Europe, and Vietnam, 1961–1968 (Vietnam: America in the War Years)
Allies at Odds: America, Europe, and Vietnam, 1961–1968 (Vietnam: America in the War Years) by Eugenie M. Blang