By Jessica Thornsby
Plan, layout, and construct enticing consumer interfaces on your Android applications
About This Book
- Take an preliminary inspiration for an Android app and enhance it right into a targeted plan, supported via sketches and wireframes
- Provide a greater event in your clients through following top practices and the hot fabric layout principles
- Work extra successfully and retailer time by means of checking out your principles at an early level by means of construction a prototype
Who This ebook Is For
If you're a Java developer with a prepared curiosity in development attractive UIs on your purposes so that it will maintain buyers and create nice reports for them, then this publication is for you. a superb wisdom point of HTML, CSS, and a few grounding in Android improvement is assumed.
What you'll Learn
- Develop a person interface that clings to all of the middle fabric layout principles
- Transform your preliminary app notion right into a concrete and special plan
- Add perspectives, ViewGroups, layouts, and customary UI parts in your personal Android projects
- Use fragments and diverse concepts to assemble consumer input
- Create a brand new Android Studio venture and increase it right into a prototype
- Identify and clear up issues of your app's UI to convey a greater person experience
- Start attending to grips with the hot UI good points bobbing up in Android N, together with multi-window mode and direct answer notifications
Great layout is likely one of the key drivers within the adoption of recent functions, but regrettably layout concerns are usually overlooked within the face of “will it work,” “can we make it quicker,” or “can we get extra humans utilizing it”?
This booklet seeks to redress this stability by way of displaying you ways to get your PM to begin treating the layout section of your undertaking heavily. This ebook is targeted solely at the improvement of UI positive aspects, and you will be in a position to essentially enforcing the layout practices that we extol during the book.
Starting via in short outlining the various components you must consider while development a UI, you are going to research the innovations of Android person Interface from scratch. We then circulate directly to formulate a plan on the best way to enforce those options in a variety of functions. we are going to deep dive into how UI good points are carried out in real-world purposes the place UIs are advanced and dynamic.
This ebook deals close to entire assurance of UI-specific content material together with, perspectives, fragments, the wireframing technique, and the way so as to add in splash screens—everything you must make expert ordinary UIs for contemporary purposes. it is going to then disguise fabric layout and provide help to enforce Google's layout aesthetic in a pragmatic demeanour. ultimately, it guarantees the very best person adventure by means of reading the UI utilizing a variety of instruments, after which addressing any difficulties they uncover.
By the top of the ebook, you can still leverage the ideas of Android person Interface on your purposes with a purpose to allure new customers.
Style and procedure
This ebook follows a entire method that makes a speciality of the strategies of UI from scratch. The e-book ends with instructing Android builders on easy methods to optimize their UI, top practices and securing applications.
Read or Download Android UI Design PDF
Similar application development books
This useful, step by step advisor follows the method of relocating a pattern company . web software to the Amazon Cloud. businesses that experience designed, built, and hosted purposes in accordance with the Microsoft . internet know-how stack aren't fail to notice this ebook. while you're seeking to extend into utilizing the large array of companies to be had at the Amazon Cloud yet are not sure the best way to continue, then this can aid to get you in your means.
In DetailAutomating assessments on your consumer interfaces has continually been the holy grail of programming. Now, utilizing Zombie. js and Mocha you could create and fast run your exams, permitting you to check even small alterations. bring up your self assurance within the code and reduce the variety of occasions you'll want to use a true browser when you advance.
- MariaDB High Performance
- .NET 4.5 Parallel Extensions Cookbook
- Learning NServiceBus - Second Edition
- Web Application Development with R Using Shiny
- (MCTS): Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010 (70-595) Certification Guide
- Advanced ActionScript 3: Design Patterns
Extra resources for Android UI Design
Android UI Design by Jessica Thornsby